I realized something yesterday when making a hair appointment (goodbye roots!). I called my mother-in-law to see if she could watch Annie for me while I had my hair done. It was then that it hit me, today she is 7 weeks old, for 7 weeks she has not been out of my presence, 49 days straight, literally attached to each other for a third of that time, and I still can't get enough of her!!! :o) When others are holding her I can feel what they feel, like I am holding her too (weird?)
I love the shape of her head, and the way sometimes when I look down at her and she is giving me the exact same look I am giving her (I am sure that will annoy me when she is a teenager) I love when she smiles in her sleep because it is a totally different smile than when she is awake. I love how tiny she is, there is no fat on her except her cheeks! I love that she looks just like Joe when she is waking up... it takes them forever and you really have to convince them that it Really IS time to wake up and then entice them with food :o)
So you know how when you are a kid and you have this best friend and all you want to do is be together 24/7? And you spend the night at each other house and you can't believe that you never get tired of one another, until one day you just do and you need a little break from each other. Well I haven't hit that wanting a break part yet and I have to admit I am a little nervous about leaving Annie for just an hour today. I think other people don't know her like I do, and what if they can't interpret her cries... well for the love of Pete... they can't know her as well as I do I have had 1176 hours to get to know her and all they have is the few minuets I let them hold her :o)
Forget-Me-Not Thoughts
2 months ago

3 comments:
I remember the first year of Elly's life thinking that it was like having a new best friend! And just wait, it only gets more fun. Wait until you can take her someplace (during the day when it's just the two of you) and you get to watch her enjoy it. Even the Cincy Art Museum was fun through Elly's eyes.
I can't wait for my baby to come!!! Reading this gets me so excited!
Hmmmm. I totally hear you.
I have a difficult time leaving my babies until they're old enough to reason with and to actually want to be with someone besides me (Ben or his mom).
Time away is refreshing, though. I hope you had a good time. :)
Post a Comment