My sisters may kill me for prematurely posting pictures of Annie in her new Christmas dress so all you get is from the neck up, but you should wait in full anticipation for next week when we post our family picture. It is predicted to be the cutest thing you have ever seen in your entire life. It all started last Saturday when......
Annie and I met Mom and Dad at the mall for the Giving Spree, we were there a little early and JC Penny was one of the only stores that was open so, naturally, we headed to the baby department! The first cute Christmas outfit I came upon happened to be a sale rack! They had the cutest little black and red plaid jumper with a little white blouse under it, AND they had both Annie Girl and Nellas sizes! So I spun around to the boy rack and of course there was a matching plaid romper for Portie!!! Oh this was only the beginning. We have already been warned not to buy any Christmas dress for Elly because she has 8 from her Grannie Roxiena, and in the spirit of saving our (moms) penny's we thought the odds were good that one of Elly's dresses from last year would fit Dory, so we found for them matching sweaters with the same red color as the babies outfits! I thought no way this brand would exist in Buddy's size also.... but I was wrong, he came out looking smashing in a red sweater vest and plaid shirt (smaller plaid, matches but not too matchy, matchy you know:o) Boy were we proud of ourselves! They would be the most adorable group of babies in the world!
So our shopping trip moved on, Mom needed a new coat, so as she is trying on a (beautiful) new coat... what do I spot but a Mannequin wearing a red and black plaid scarf!!!!!!!!!!! I looked at the tag and sure enough it was the very same brand as the babies clothes! I looked for them in the scarf section however they were all out, so mom (naturally) ripped the one of the mannequin and we went off in search of the service desk where we could order 4 more out of the catalog. I thought about calling my sisters to see if they minded wearing black shirts in the picture... but knowing every good woman loves the slimming effect of black, I thought they wouldn't mind at all!
The men in the family are simply required to wear a coordinating color so as to not make the picture to matchy, matchy, we wouldn't want to look like one of those Burrberry families ;o)
AND we received all of these items on sale, and then we got money off according to how much we spent because we had a giving spree discount!!
Have you ever heard a better shopping story or seen so many exclamation points?!!
Forget-Me-Not Thoughts
1 month ago

No comments:
Post a Comment