Tonight we had friends over from out of town for dinner. Before they came I did the dreaded nursing math in my head and realized (shock) that she would need to eat right about when we would be having dinner. I decided that I have enough milk stored up to start using it for convenience factor and not hoard the liquid gold for when I have to go back to work.
Right after dinner Annie woke up and Joe brought her to me just as I was getting her bottle ready. I told him he could feed her! I think that he was very excited to have the chance to do this and so the four (well five really) of us went to the living room and sat down for a chat as Joe fed Annie her first bottle. Halfway through I told him that he needed to see if she had to burp and when he sat her up he had a big wet spot on his chest from the bottle leaking and it TOTALLY looked like he leaked! It was the funniest thing ever, and in front of company too! Luckily our friend is pregnant and we had been talking about all things baby all night long so this was just the icing on the very sweet cake :o)
Question: How do I know how much she is eating? I thought for some reason that she was eating about 5 oz. So I have been storing 5 oz containers. She only took about 3 oz tonight. I read somewhere that once you defrost and warm milk that you can still use it for 24 hours, do you think this sounds safe?
Forget-Me-Not Thoughts
1 month ago

3 comments:
I don't think it sounds safe. I have heard that if you don't use the defrosted and warmed milk after an hour, you should pitch it.
everyone's lactation is different. i worked out of the home one day a week and was able to get by with pumping once. anne would take one formula bottle and one breastmilk bottle at the sitters. it worked out well. honestly, you have to do what works best for you. i found annelise always ate less from a bottle than from me.
Post a Comment