Monday, June 16, 2008

Reading Material

I am reading 2 books right now, one is called Birth and it's about the evolution of the birth process over the years. It is very interesting, however it starts off with how the female pelvis has changed since we used to be walking on all 4's and the pelvis had to (terribly) become more narrow to accomodate standing upright. It also mentioned something about how the human brain has grown over millions and millions of years to accomodate things like writing on cave walls with berry juice to "creating religion" ...yes thats right folks I guess it was us as large brained children who created religion. However she is very accurate as far as I can tell in the labor and delivery department and I am enjoying reading about the change in medicine over the years.
I am also reading Julie Andrews memoir Home, the early years, also a good read however depressing because she led a very surprisingly sad childhood.

No comments: