Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Professionals needed here










So there are a few areas of my house that I can't stand looking at or am simply stumped with how to decorate. I consider myself a fairly good interior decorator, however when it comes to these few spots I need help! I thought that maybe I could get some thoughts from my friends on what I should do. This first one is my side board/buffett in the dining room. I can't stand the mish mosh of things on top of it. I have a small collection of Jadite (like the pie plate) and a few pieces of depression glass (like the glasses) however I dont think I like them together, I would like to separate them maybe??

5 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Your "before" is better than my "after" so I don't think I can help!

Kimberly said...

Possibly varying the height on the table. Tall, medium and small objects as opposed to all the same height. Also, maybe balance the color with another pop of red on the other side (to match the left with the red flowers).

The Talberts said...

I love your sideboard!
I am the worst person to ask about decorating tips (not that you actually asked me directly). I am pretty impressed that you have dishes just for display.
I did like what the previous commenter said about adding a flash of color.

krissy said...

My advice- do something quickly because in about 12 months it will either be packed away or broken! Come on...the rest of you wanted to say it, only a sister had the heart. :-)
Just kidding, you know i have wine glasses at easy reach. I just don;t have a clue on decorating advice so I attempt humor. :-)

running shoes said...

a professional from Pottery Barn once told me... 1) everything looks better grouped in 3's and varied in height and 2) just because you have the whole table/ mantle/ flat space, you don't have to cover the entire thing.