I don't have much to Blog about right now, no deep intellectual thoughts that need to enter blog world, so I thought I would just update you on my pregnancy!
I have officially gone crazy and can no longer remember how many weeks along I am, the weeks are running together.
My umbilicus (I hate that word, its my belly button for all of you non medical people) has officially started to pop out which I hate. I have a problem with being able to see pregnant peoples belly buttons through their shirts. The midwife at work was teasing me that I needed to go buy some band aids or see if they have bellybutton pasties :o) However one very nice lady suggested that it popping out is better than the alternative... I couldn't believe that she meant caving in... her reply was the only way it wouldn't pop out would be if you weren't pregnant! Good point! I love being put in my place when I am being stupid and superficial.
I had my very first belly rubbing by a stranger in public, it didn't bother me. However she was someones grandma at the Hospital the other day and there is just something sweet about a little old Lady's hands that is just OK. I told the girls at work that the first time a 30 year old man on an elevator tries to touch me I just might take his arm off :o)
I think I felt hiccups for the first time last night! It was great! It was a more distinct and sharper movement and pretty rhythmic, so I started thinking about what it sounds like on the Fetal Heart Monitor at work when babies get hiccups and it seemed to fit the description... then I apologised to my daughter because she was obviously feeling just like I was (gross) at 3 am after eating Mexican Fajita Salad at 9:00 the night before and going straight to bed...ugh!!
Forget-Me-Not Thoughts
1 month ago

4 comments:
Hey KT! Our websites are now officially linked:) I hope you are feeling well... and we will see you guys at the next softball game! Love, Melissa
oh... and by the way... you can leave comments on my blog too;)
Note to self: Pregnant women on elevators don't like 30-year-old men touching their bellies. Perhaps I should stop doing that.
Are you having a girl for sure!? Or was that just wishful blogging?
I've never been a big fan of the belly button pop, either. And if it gives you some hope for next time - it didn't happen to me this time (but has with my other children).
It is so weird to have people touch your belly without asking. I am starting to get used to it. The only time I told someone no was a young male patient on our floor (not even my pt)who asked to touch it. One of the other nurses saved me by including that the pt has MRSA and wouldn't be a great idea.Awkward!
Post a Comment