Dana Indiana
Population 600
Houses the Most Amazing Chocolate Ever
In a home my Great Grandma Nellie once resided in, by the way
Who knew that a town small enough to list every ones birthday & anniversary on their calendar would hold a world renowned chocolatier (ok maybe not world... but it should be)
An individual truffle costs over $1 each. No child in our family has ever had the privilege of tasting anything made by Sweet Brooke. Until now.
On my last visit to Brooke's Annie came along for the ride, when she found out there were samples on the counter she wiggled in line until she could reach. She wanted to eat all of them, I had to restrain her... until she saw this...
Oh the
sweet pink chocolate swirls of the dark chocolate raspberry truffle that sang to that little 3 year old girl. She had to have it... so I let her :o)
We sat outside on that huge country porch, a tiny little blond baby in a big Adirondack chair until there was raspberry plastered to her cheeks and dripping off her fingers. She declared it "so yummy" and offered me a slobbery bite (of which I politely accepted). When she was done she kindly asked for a napkin of which I had none so I urged her to lick every bit of sticky ooey goodness off her fingers, which she did, after which she jumped up and proceeded to dance down Main Street (don't call CPS, the streets were closed for the festival).
And that my friends is one of the many reasons we love Brooke!


No comments:
Post a Comment