Saturday, August 4, 2012

Vacation

Ohhh vacation, you have come and gone and treated us well yet again! Our family has been vacationing at Lake Barkley for over 15 years now, no wonder it feels like a second home to us! We haven't changed our ways either except where necessary and for improvements.
Things like adding 11 children in 7 years makes you adjust your personal tanning and sleeping time quite a lot. I used to get up early because it was nice and quiet and watch the fishermen and then after second breakfast (what, you dont have two breakfast's on your vacations? Lame!) head down to the lake for prime sun time between 10 and 12 when we would head up for lunch and a game of cards or nap then head back down to the lake for more prime sun from 2 till about 4 when you would shower and play some more games until dinner unless its your turn to cook, after dinner play more games until you crash into bed just to get up and repeat it all again for 7 days in a row! Throw in some random Jet Skiing, a boat outing and a trip to "Sweet Miss Patty's" and you have the Glenn family vacation summed up. Now I get up because I have hungry babies who want to watch cartoons or take nature walks and then they are hungry again and you find its 2:00 before you make it down to the lake where you gloriously float for a few hours while they nap. Our evenings are filled with a rousing game of "whack a mole" where you put one kid to bed while two pop back up for a drink or potty and just when you think they are all quiet one more starts screaming and your game of speed scrabble has been delayed an extra 45 min or you play with a sleepy baby on your lap which is just a major handicap :o)
In the good old days there was a family restaurant called Miss Patty's that served family style buffet complete with chicken n dumplins, pickled watermelon rind, church lady pies and soft serve ice cream. It has sadly burned down ............................................................................................
..............................................a moment of silence for Sweet Miss Patty's.............................................
and now we are left to search far and wide for something half as good for our annual night out.


Because I am at a time in my life where I can't finish a task let alone a thought I will leave this post ending awkwardly as I started it 24 hours ago and my brain can no longer seem to form full thoughts or sentences.





No comments: