Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vacation Summary in Pictures


We rented a boat on the hottest day of the week, 105 degrees I believe. I love motoring around the lake on a pontoon, turns out Annie does too!

Ann Girl with the Captain

It wouldn't be vacation without these two

Lake Barkley's newest member Zach!!

Amelia was just a wee squish last year, she was livin it up this time around.



"PorterBeth" let Annie have a turn one night with their fishing pole. When we were little we used to fish with dried up pieces of hot dog. I guess Barkley fish are too snobby for hot dogs because they weren't biting.
However I did catch Annie nibbling a bit





Buster deciding that sleep sounded more appetizing than dinner.



The Squish in her Blue Jean diapers from Uncle Joe

And saving the best for last... reading, wonderful reading fictional books on vacation. Some choose to read things that grow their spirituality but what, I ask you, is more spiritual than Anne Of Green Gables on a borrowed Kindle tilted back in the comfiest patio furniture on earth, with a view of the sparkling lake around you to the tune of nothing but vacation noises (no seriously the children were all asleep!)?

4 comments:

the mama said...

The captain says...
Great pics Kate!
Also....two days now of none of the eight little voices hollering NOOOOOOO!

the mama said...

Oh Katie, these are so sweet! And, you forgot to post that the squish learned so many new words! Brilliant grandchild that she is.

krissy said...

So many thoughts...
1) I love the fishing picture!!
2) I want a close up of Amelia's curls very soon.
3) I need that picture of Buster
4) You people DIDN'T tell me you rented a boat. I see how it is...
5) ahhh, the lake of shining waters... 'til next year

erin said...

you are so cute! Sounds like a great time! And how are Gilbert Blythe and Mathew Cuthbert doing now that I'm all grown up? Still as wonderful as ever? haha. Love me some Ann with an e.