While on vacation Joe and I ran to the local tiny grocery store in the town of Cadiz, KY to pick up hamburger buns for dinner. I had been informed that there were Antique shops in town and I made plans for a girls trip later in the week to hit them up. I asked Joe to drive by a few so we could see what time they opened. As we left the tiny grocery we passed the Sonic and feed store which was all I thought Cadiz consisted of. However we drove on into an adorable little strip of storefronts nearly every one an antique store! Oh Bliss! My hubby lost major points for knowing this was here and not taking me in the 6 years he has been coming on our vacation.
A girls trip turned into Dad and Zach tagging along and wonderful Kara & Ben staying back with the kiddos.

For Uncle Joe, you were going to get that tea pot till we saw the price... sorry we love you on a budget :o)

For Susan, when we walked into the first shop I announced to Carly that I wanted to find buttons... turns out buttons are a hot commodity and priced accordingly. However mom pounced on this jar of buttons and said "Oh Susan... take my picture!" I didn't even have to ask for a translation :o)

Turns out a day of antiquing taught me a valuable life lesson: if you are going to be a sign maker... learn to spell! It also reconfirmed Kelly's dyslexia because she pointed out the cute sign and didn't even notice the letter missing.

These two things were found in a quaint little coffee shop called "Pops" We were clueless as to what this small closet was for, so Kelly put herself on display. Upon further inquiry we were informed it is a cell phone booth. Cute!
Kelly said if Zach saw these he would totally call them and ask them how he could pray for them, which is so true of wonderful Zach. :o)
It was a successful trip, 5 antique stores is truly my limit. My legs were tired and I was on antique and covetousness overload :o) However I did score a Eloise
Wilkin little golden book of
childrens prayers, "Hand, Hand Finger Thumb", a giant cake cover & a Jadeite Fire King bowl (!) to add to my collection (that is actually a birthday present from my parents and I wont actually
receive until Oct).
1 comment:
OMW! That jar of buttons - for ME??? Thanks, Pammy! Looks like you guys had a great time, and Kate! What a nice haul you made for yourself!
Post a Comment