Friday, August 12, 2011

Decorating

... I have blogged about it before. Our Bellevue house was easy to decorate, plus we were a... whats the word... DINK household :o) That's right, duel income no kids, the recipe for living on one income, saving the rest and still having some left over for frivolous spending. Spending on things like house decor. It was on the top of my list before kids, unfortunately people would judge if they see my kids naked, if my walls are naked people just think I am a bad decorator or don't plan on staying put long :o)
I have had the decor from our last house sitting around in places and in boxes for over a year now and I cant decide if I should hang them just to get tired of them being on my walls for 5+years now! I am SO over it and I wish it would just look decent.
Problem #2 since we have been married I have not been a picture framer. I have 1 picture from the wedding of me and my dad in a frame that floats from room to room and 1 picture from our honeymoon that sits in the exact same spot since the week we got home! I have 2 frames that I LOVE set up on some shelves that are still advertising Homegoods signs as I have not even thought about finding a picture to put in them. Joe came across a few pictures of us from college that he has always loved and found frames to put them in and they sit on his bedside table.
It is a sad reality check but I was watching a story about a couple whos 3 children died in a car accident and they showed alll the pictures of their children that they had framed on their walls and how therapeutic they were to look at... I have NO pictures of my children, anywhere! How sad is that!?! I want shrines! I want a wall of family pictures to remind me of wonderful times and cute chubby cheeks that aren't quite as chubby any more. I want to FRAME! So look out Hobby Lobby, I am coming, and I am spending money I don't have to dress my house!

4 comments:

erin said...

haha! I LOVE IT! You said it so well! But, before you dash off to Hobby Lobby - go to yard sales! Even ugly frames with ugly pictures in them already are only a quarter (sometimes a dollar) and you can buy a can of spray paint to make them all match! LOVE it!

Megan said...

Also, the dollar store has a ton of frames that you can spray paint too.

Unknown said...

1. Don't pay full price at hobby lobby for frames. They ALWAYS have sales for 50% off.

2. I have heard good things about dollar store frames spray painted.

Lauren said...

If it makes you feel any better we literally only have 3 framed photos in our house-- 1 wedding & 1 of us at age 17. 1 picture of us in the hospital after having Nick and thats it. Considering I just got my wedding album almost 3 years after the fact I have a feeling it will be 10 years till I get around to hanging any pictures but I still keep paying to have them taken :-)