Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Place Like Home

I loved waking up to a dusting yesterday, but I super duper loved that it snowed...all...day... long! It was great! Little flakes like it was raining snow, and then big fluffy flakes, and then these swirly ones that are fun to play outside in!





Annie spent the better half of the morning propped up on her belly on the couch looking out the window saying "Annie make a snowflake Mama?". She calls Snow Angels "snowflakes" :o) A few days ago she was going around the house laying in different spots on the floor pretending like she was making them, she would even get up and turn around and look where she was laying as if there was something there to assess.
She was a happy girl when Mia finally was ready to nap so we could head outside.
During Annie's nap I did fun Mommy snow day things like try Melissa's bread recipe!
I also made this recipe from Pioneer Woman who I have just recently found and fell in love with along with the rest of America it seems :o) It was a very easy recipe only I don't grill, its an agreement we have officially made in our marriage and so it would have been easier if I could have done things before my hubby got home. It was not a cheap recipe even with red peppers on sale they are expensive and who knew pine nuts were so ridiculously expensive? Not me...or did I get taken by Kroger? We threw in some grilled sliced chicken because unlike PW my hubby believes that a meal is not a meal without meat. It was very tasty and I even dosed Melissa's bread with a healthy dose of olive oil and had Joe throw it on the grill as well! Then I rubbed it down with a nice big fat garlic clove and it got 5 stars from me! Joe wasn't a fan, but then he grew up eating the frozen brick-like garlic texas toast! YUCK!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

I just got her cookbook for Christmas and absolutely love it! I made her chicken pot pie recipe last night for dinner! It was delicious!

She has a novel coming out in early Feb. and is visiting Cincinnati in the middle of the month! I'm tempted to go and get her autograph.

kara h said...

Um, I also bought pine nuts at Meijer this week. They weren't marked and I thought "they're nuts, how much could it possibly be?" Then I checked the receipt when I got home. EIGHT BUCKS.

Le said...

what a cute pink snow bunny!

krissy said...

I love Pioneer Woman. She seems like a domino lady.

Pocket said...

Duuuude, pine nuts are crazy expensive and I LOVE them! That's why, whenever we go to a restaurant, I always order anything with pine nuts in it, as long as it doesn't also have mushrooms. :)