
Oh sweet Jesus what a crazy week this has been! We have been caught up in our own story of the "Frab Fest of 2011" and it has been going on for the typical 7 days... so far anyway. Joe started with it Sunday night and we were grateful that he didn't have work this week (a first in his 2 1/2 years of being self employed) so that he could be home mending and not having to work. He felt good after a shot of Phenergan and 14+ hours of sleep Monday night! Annie waking up from a nap wednesday with zero color in her face wanted to sit on the potty chair (!) and go poopy so that she could get the toy I promised her... well for it only being day 2 of potty training I could have kissed the germy little child because she had "big poopy" and therefore mommy has only had to change 872 diapers this week instead of 873 :o) We went from the bathroom grabbing towels and sheets and trash cans on the way to the couch setting her up with the conveniently just arrived new DVD of Peter Pan! Within the hour she threw up but then that was it! I felt so bad for her and I am glad to say it was a first for her, the little thing has never been sick before! Color immediately returned to her face and she has been decent ever since. Hasn't eaten much more than oyster crackers, cheerios, popsicles and gatorade all week and holy cow the diapers that I have changed! She ran a fever one night and and I camped out on her floor just to keep her father happy (he was nervous and I would have blown him off but a friends little one had just had a possibly febrile seizure that day so I was thinking with my tired emotional middle of the night mommy brain)
In the midst of all this Amelia has come down with the snottyest cold ever and hasn't been sleeping well through the night either! I have gone from the mommy who's babies sleep through the night or only get up once for a quick feeding, to a woman with little sleep and when I do I dream about frightening bodily fluids :o)
Now today after dragging our supposedly on the mend children out to get Mia's late 6 mo pictures taken, Annie not wanting to cooperate, we tried to go to lunch while we waited for our pictures to develop just to have Annie Frab all over Applebees! Oops! Poor little girl, we felt pretty bad for trying to make her smile and say cheese all morning long!
Now Joe is drugged up on NyQuil (Cherry flavored please) snoring away next to me as I type this because he has come down with whatever it is that Mia had!
I wont bother knocking on wood when I say I feel fine because I have only had the assumption that I will be getting either or both of these diseases!
I have had more interesting topics that I have been wanting to share with you but this disease has taken over my time and brain... sorry if it was TMI. :o)


No comments:
Post a Comment