So far it has been a wonderful trip! I have to admit I wasn't so much anxious about flying with Annie as I was curious about how she would do and what it would be like. We spent Thursday night with Andrew and Tiff at their house in Dayton so we would only have an hour drive Friday morning to the Columbus Airport. We got quickly checked in and through security without a hitch. We had some lunch before getting on the plane which for Annie consisted of a banana and french fries. Our plan for the day was appeasing her without giving her everything she wanted. So she could take a walk in the airport but she had to hold our hand. She could stand on the terminal seats but not jump off of them... see some rules with few fights, we were doing good. Our flight was during her nap time and I honestly didn't think that she would nap on the plane.
She was so cute on take off she just sat on Joe's lap, looked out the window and said "woa" over and over again :o) We started by letting her page through the magazines in the seat backs, she had some cheese its, she read books, she had raisins, she played with her baby doll, she had cookies, she colored a picture, she had gerber puffs, and finally she watched her videos which ended up being our best bet however it did not entertain her NEARLY as much as it does normally which was disappointing. We tried giving her a bottle and telling her it was night night time, but she did not appreciate that so we didn't push it. It wasn't a bad flight, we could tell she was VERY tired but she just wouldn't sleep.... until we landed! No lie, not even when we were descending, she waited until we were hitting the runway before she decided to give up! I am sure she was feeling the pressure change when she laid her head down on my chest, but I couldn't believe that as we bumped along the runway she closed her eyes and fell asleep! I have a few pictures on my phone that I plan on sharing but I can't get them off till we get home. She stayed asleep through us getting off the plane, loading her into her car seat carrier and claimed our bags, she slept through riding the transport bus and picking up the rental van! She of course woke up for the 45 min trip to the Lang's house in which she was starving and fussed at us the whole way for food! Like she hadn't been eating all day long! We arrived at the Lang's around 6:00 so we pushed her and kept her up for another 2 hours which was 3 hours past her bed time so that we could attempt to fight the jet lag. I have to say it worked pretty well! She woke up around 4 very unhappy but took a bottle and went right back to sleep until 8am western time! I was very happy she pushed through. She has held up pretty well today although when she is tired she is overly fussy. While she napped at the house with Dada, Tiff her Mom and I went to get pedicures! Its only the second pedi I have ever gotten and it was lovely! Tiff talked me into getting flowers on my toes and although they are REALLY not "me" I think they are cute!

4 comments:
Tiff was right! They are lovely! I'm praying for all of you to have a wonderful and relaxing time.
Wait a minute...you are not allowed to get a pedi without me!
yeah! sounds like it was smooth. now don't get overly confident about the flight home. that's just what she wants you to do. :-) jk.
enjoy your week. cute toes.
Is that a flip flop tan I spy on your feet? If so, we can no longer be friends...I have nary the faintest of a tan and you already have tan feet! Unacceptable Tate!
Post a Comment