Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This Old House

Wednesday... on weeks when I don't work Tuesdays I am so bored by Wednesday! I did my general spruce of the house on Monday, I did most of the laundry on Tuesday. I made dinner both nights which is rare, as well as 2 loaves of Zucchini bread. I have already done a small grocery shopping trip for the essentials. Now is the annoying part of the week where some things in the house need to be scrubbed now that they are spruced and I hate scrubbing! There is a load and a half of laundry left like the annoying rags and tablecloths and one random blue towel that you cant throw in with other things. I only have one bill to pay and I can't gear myself up to do that either! So now I feel lazy for not wanting to scrub or complete a half finished job. Whats worse is that Annie is napping which gives me perfect opportunity to scrub something and I simply can't bring myself to do it!

On a completely different topic my sweet baby is constipated! She has been fighting her poor GI system for 5 days now! Do you know how awful it is to sit and watch your little baby grunt and turn red in the face and break out into a sweat and shake and cry from trying to poo! The poor thing in the most intense moments would stand in the middle of the living room leaning against my shoulder with her arms around my neck and just SSSTTRRAAAIINNN! So Sad!
Suppositories didn't work very well and I cant get the kid to drink much juice or eat any prunes to speak of. So this has been a serious battle! I tried mixing it in her formula and hiding it under her favorite food but she is SMART! She can tell the difference between the color of juice in her bottle versus milk! No lie! She wont even let us get close to her with a bottle of juice!
Oh my poor stopped up baby :o(

My poor belly aching baby laying on the floor in the living room trying to poop :o(

I am off to sweep the bathroom floor and pretend like I am going to mop it when I am done.

4 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Oh, we had that problem with Elise for a long time! The solid suppositories don't work well, but the liquid glycerin ones worked much better. Her dr office recommended those and they were great. You could also try putting extra water in her formula, but my experience was that once they are constipated like that, juice doesn't do much anyway.

Rachael Neal said...

1) enjoy the boredom now. once annelise hit the state of mobility, my boredom went away. i never imagined i would have to choose between a clean house and keeping my kiddo entertained. the time has arrived.

2) annelise has such bad constipation issues. prune juice usually helps, but then we go through days of trying to get her regular again, if you know what i mean. hope this sorts itself out for you!

the mama said...

Look how adorable she is with her baby doll! I loved that she chose to kiss a baby doll before she kissed any of us!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

So sad how misguided you are! Naptimes are not for SCRUBBING! They are for reading, or some other peaceful self-indulgent pastime, silly girl!

The photo looks like she's trying to help the baby have a good poo - PUSH!