Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hello Old Friends! I Have Missed You

Did you think this post was going to be about you, my old blogging friends? Well sorry not this time, this post is about the old Vanity Fair Gang! My faithful girls size medium & 34 - 36 D :o) That's right ladies, no more undergarments with hooks and names like "motherhood" or "pea in the pod" no more industrial looking straps that could tow a truck! I have reached the point where I can now lift and tuck these raisin resembling old friends back into Vanity Fair....... Good Grief what's the point? The gang will never be the same and we are all better off for it :o) I was thinking as I am down to my one feeding a day that by the time I feel like I have gotten them back I will be loosing them to baby #2 so I shouldn't get to excited. (and NO baby #2 is not within)
Oh well its the little things in life that get me all worked up.
Like having my husband home for the week. His partner is on vacation so it is easiest for the company to just have him off at the same time. So we have been having such a fun week. Monday he golfed with the pastoral staff (no they didn't ask him to be a pastor OR convict him of any major life sin, just a day on the course) Tuesday I worked and Joe worked here at the house while his mom kept Annie. Wednesday we ran errands which I LOVE doing with the friendly company of my husband. We went to McGlasson Farms and bought a bushel of peaches! They are soo good I highly recommend you do this soon! We came home and put Annie down for a nap while I went to the store and made a dinner of Roast Chicken with potatoes, carrots & Peach Cobbler for dessert. Now the peach cobbler turned out AWFUL however edible so we wont meditate on that I will just say Does anyone have a good recipe?
Yesterday we started the day at 9:00 which is a wonderful time to sleep in to. We took a walk down the river to the levee, across the Purple People Bridge, into Sawyer Point, played at the old playground where there wasn't a soul around because the loud screaming hoards of kids were playing on the new playground, and then back home for lunch. We also went to Big Lots which is one of our favorite date places because we love finding fun bargains. Joe tried to convince me to buy a new book for my brother-in-law called "Child Parenting With Pride:Latino Style" go figure it was only $3! We found a Yahtzee game for $5 and a new baby doll for Annie because she is infatuated with baby dolls for $6!
Today I had a meeting at work and Joe went golfing again and when he gets home we are joining my parents at the Zoo!
Tomorrow we have a wedding of an old friend and I plan on enjoying the day to the fullest!
Man what a week!

4 comments:

kara h said...

Love the book. Please don't bring anything like that into my house. It only makes him worse.

The Talberts said...

ha. you're so funny, katie. enjoy your time with your hubby!

Kentucky Kate said...

Oh, that sounds like a perfect week. I also loved those brief few months that I was back into the normal underwear. It's amazing how much you feel like a normal girl again :) Here's the recipe I'm using this weekend for cobbler. I haven't yet made it, but I had it at my mom's house and it was so good that I asked her for her recipe. She did half blueberries and half peaches.

apples or peaches or berries or any combination of fruits

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Place fruit in baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

Le said...

sounds like a great week. love mcglasson farm. try kinman farm it is a great place in the fall.