However
I am tired of the city and have to constantly look for the nice things about it. I am tired of carrying groceries in from a block away where I managed to find a parking spot. I am tired of hearing my husband complain about never having a parking spot. I am tired of waking up to my car being egged (ok its only happened twice and one was Halloween) I am tired of not having a big yard that I can let my baby play in without having to redirect her every 5 feet
With all that said I am always perusing the houses for sale in the area. I enjoy looking at what is available in different price ranges. I am always showing the HUGE old Victorian castles to Kara suggesting opening a B&B. I show the ones similar to ours that sell in Bellevue to encourage Joe that we can sell ours. And I dream, I pick out the things that I like about different houses and I think about what I would want if I could have them all together. I like dreaming realistically and dreaming big what if's... what if I win the lottery and I could have a $500,000 house. What if I buy land and have my whole family move onto one street. What if I could have a huge gourmet kitchen and Joe can have a big garage for working on his car etc...
Last week I found what seemed to be a realistic gem. It is in the country with 2 acres. It is a ranch, 50 years old (a spring chicken compared to our 110 year old house) it is in immaculate shape and ADORABLE! A ranch! Everything on one floor! Including a big laundry room! There is a garage for my car, no more digging your car out of the plowed in snow on the street only to have someone else take the spot when you leave! So I drove by it and it sits beautifully in the country! So I took Joe by it, and he liked what he saw. So last night Joe and I walked through it with worlds best realtor and his beautiful wife. It Is AMAZING! Kris and I could barely make it past the living room, I could live in the one room alone! It is such a great house. I dont want to go into to many details for feeling like I will jinx it for us. But Joe and I are going to try to put in an offer! AHHHH!
So now I am going to ask you to say a prayer (or 4) for us.
- That we would follow the Lords will in this
- For us to have confidence in our financial ability to own 2 houses as we will attempt to rent this house. And for good financial decisions.
- That the Lord will provide renters quickly
- That we will continue to thank the Lord for all that he provides for us. For a roof over our head even in the stinky old city ;o)

10 comments:
Oh Kate-how exciting!!! I'll be Praying for you and Joe!
That is exciting. We rent our old house and it has been amazing to watch God always provide renters even at the last minute. It sounds beautiful, keep us posted.
Wicker house is for sale, if you want to look here!
how exciting! and also .. totally with you on the merits of a ranch with laundry room on the main floor. i think that's the only way i get laundry done. i'll be praying. what area is the house in? maybe you don't want to post that on your blog. i'll have to ask you about it on sunday. :)
Just said some prayers for you guys!!! Where is it at? That is so exciting!
she's not kidding, the living room is presh!
(you forgot to say "adorable" in your realtors discription)
and i love your little signature!
I'm excited and praying, too!
And I love that Lauren has introduced our family to "presh" as an adjective!
OMGOMGOMGOMGs! Let me know quick what happened!
but I love your wonderfully old house in the city
Would that mean the end of the Labor Day parties? I'll be praying for the best for your family regardless.
Post a Comment