I just
dont get it. Maybe one of you can explain it to me. I don't understand why anyone would decorate their yard for Halloween! Since I was a small child I enjoyed Trick-or-Treating. Every year we would create costumes months in advance anticipating the day when we would be released in the subdivision to fill our pillowcases with candy (did everyone use pillowcases for candy collection?) We would literally run from house to house to make it to as many doors as possible before our time was up. Its not that I am not a fan of the holiday. I just
dont understand decorating in morbid skulls and spiders and blood... i.e. my neighbors yard...

Why on earth would anyone put a headless bloody man in their flowerbed!??!
Especially when you have the opportunity to decorate with beautiful Autumn Orange, Red, Yellow, Brown i.e my house...
Then there are the blow up lawn decorations... but I will not subject you all to hearing all I feel about the blow up lawn decorations.
7 comments:
I am so with you, Katie! I don't get it at all. What's more is the folks who start decorating for Halloween like .. at the end of August. I LOVE fall decorating. But I agree .. the headless man is sort of crossing the line. Who wants to explain that to their children?
If I somehow taunt you enough can I get you to go into your blowup-lawn-ornaments rant???
:o)
I would think there is something that can be done about the headless man. Surely there's some sort of city code about a faux corpse not being allowed in your flower bed??
There is a house down the street that has about a dozen ghosts hanging from a tree in their front yard and a little graveyard underneath the tree. It's not as bad as headless guy, but I keep thinking, "I'm going to have to eventually drive my kids past this house to get to ours." It's frustrating.
oh the blown up lawn ornaments... the person up the street has seven of them!!! I kid not SEVEN! And to top it off all seven of them are on 1/3 and acre, its a bit crowded! plus they probably could have bought plenty of nice decorations for the price they payed for all of those things. I can't say that I like them for my yard but I don't mine one here or there, but seven, that is just too much!
Aside from tacky, I'm getting on a new rant this year. I hate the "death and gory" part of Halloween. A headless man? Why? I don't want to celebrate death. I love dressing up and getting candy and having parties, but that seems so separate to me from a headless man.
I love your door by the way. I'm going to try to make my own pumpkin puree this year. I'm excited.
katie n. - if you make your own baby food, i don't think you'll have to try too hard to make pumpkin puree. Unless you're going to can it, i suppose.
I was just thinking this exact same thing as I went through Sam's with my kids and they have the larger than life, talking and dancing gobblins. Both my kids are so wierded out by them.
Also, who is having a Halloween Party this year? I really want to go to one but obviously I'm not planning on hosting.
Post a Comment