Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Petting Zoo

We went to a petting zoo and pumpkin patch last weekend with my mom. This is not your ordinary petting zoo... or maybe it is, I'm not sure, I have never been to a petting zoo before. My parents had been before with John Patrick and since they have a pumpkin patch in the fall we decided to take the babies! My Dad, who had no desire to go back, told me to set my expectations very low... this type of petting zoo would only be found in Kentucky!! :o) Words can not do justice to this place, don't get me wrong, the people are very nice and they have a wide variety of animals that you can pet & hold. I will just have to let the pictures tell the story...
This is what greets you at the entrance, this is the name of the establishment (I will not write it for fear that I will be sued for this post) Is this supposed to be the Ark? I love the windows, and painting it brown, that makes it much more ark like. What you can not tell is that this is in a children's play area. It is a nice fenced in area full of jungle jims and slides and animals, who also play on the jungle jims and slides, therefore you have to wait for the goat to get off the playschool climbing thing before you can slide down the slide. Oh, and watch for the duck, chicken, rooster, poop at the bottom of the slide!
This is a picture of a chicken flying the coop! These birds did not look friendly, there were no less than 250 of them PACKED in this coop and we even saw at least 1 dead one that the others were just walking over!! I think they were trying to put them into a trance with the terrible bluegrass music that was blaring from inside the little chicken house. I would not let Elly get close or try to pet them for fear of returning home with one less finger. I did not feel at all safe with this chicken getting out of the cage, however I was excited that the chicken was free!!!!

Crazy sheep with a bad under bite!!
Weird Mohawk rooster... other favorites that are not pictured: ferret with hair missing from rear end, 10,000 lb pig,

I forgot to mention that they had decorated for Halloween with random frightening decor like this head off of a bugs bunny doll. This was stuck in a brush pile that looked like they were ready to set aflame at any moment... YIKES!!

The best part of the trip was the wagon ride to the pumpkin patch. Aunt Woody and I picked out Annie's first pumpkin. The price for small pumpkins was 2 for $1.00! What a deal, we picked out the smallest pumpkin we could find... to which the farmer yelled at me across the field that I had better be picking out another one because he wasn't going to deal with having to break a dollar!!!!!

I don't even know how to summarize this post...... let me know if you would like directions to this family friendly affordable good time!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Have I told you how jealous I am that you're in your regular clothes already?! Btw, that picture of her is so adorable...she's smaller than the pumpkins!

The Talberts said...

haha. I love that place already.

Kentucky Kate said...

Well, part of me wants to go there just to buy a bunch of pumpkins and make puree. What a steal!

krissy said...

She is sooo tiny and precious in that picture!