Saturday, October 18, 2008

A picture is worth a thousand words

As Annie and I went to make cookies Thursday night this is what I found in my mixing bowl!!!!!
Have I ever mentioned to you all that I HATE SPIDERS!! I don't like to kill them either because of the gross sound it makes plus I am certain that they can jump on me the closer I get to them.

My choice spider killer...what? It was the only thing I could find :o). In case you were wondering, Glass Cleaner does NOT affect man sized spiders.... maybe I should have sprung for the brand name...



I found the longest thing I could so that I wouldn't have to get to close. These tongs are no less than 18 inches long! I had good distance but I didn't want to pinch it to death.... I would need something else, like a wad of paper towel!! I'm sorry do I hear you laughing at me? Well you should be, because even wadded up paper towel pressed over man sized spider does not kill him!! After cursing quite a few times I resorted to beating the spider to its demise with the wad of paper towel held firmly by the tongs :o).

VICTORY!!

Now to deal with the tainted mixing bowl....


Most importantly don't forget to equip yourselves in case there is a retaliation of all of his friends.

2 comments:

krissy said...

That's hysterical!!
I LOVE the pictures of Annie next to random objects. It shows her teensy tinyness. Keep them coming.

Kentucky Kate said...

I can't tell you how impressed I am that in the middle of such a crisis, you had the presence of mind to take pictures. Props!