Wednesday, August 6, 2008

31 Weeks

Well I had another ultrasound done Monday morning. The doc's wanted to rescan her to make sure the choroid plexus cyst on her brain has gone away. OK small science lesson from Nurse Katie: The Choroid Plexus is where Cerebral Spinal Fluid is made in the brain, it is very common to see cysts formed here and 93% of the time they resolve by the 3rd trimester. Any baby can have one however they take a close look because nearly half of the babies with Downs Syndrome have a cyst (not to be confused with half of the babies with a cyst have Downs). However all babies with Downs AND a Cyst have other MAJOR anomalies with their organs therefore easily detected on ultrasound. The majority of babies who have cysts dont have Downs and they aren't currently using an existing cyst as a marker for downs like they used to many years ago.

With all of that said the scan on monday of my baby showed a very healthy 3 lb cherub with no existing cyst! The ultrasonographer called her the "model of perfection"...ok fine maybe she called her "a perfect little show off" all I know is for about 20 min I got to sit and hold my husbands hand while we watched our little girl in her world like a goldfish in a tank. She moved, kicked, pursed her lips, she is beautiful!! My US tech gave me many pictures and I have scrapbooked them (dont make fun) so here are a few plus a bonus picture of me (its very difficult to take pictures of yourself). Now don't be jealous but I have my US's done in the Seton Center at Good Sam, they follow all of our high risk pregnancies and therefore have the latest ultrasound equipment and the best Ultrasonographers, thus the amazing clairity of the pictures.





This One is my favorite, Its the heart, can you see all 4 chambers and the valves??

5 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Those pictures are a-ma-zing! She is beautiful. I don't currently have anything in my uterus and I'm still jealous of the ultrasound.

kara h said...

I am so jealous of these pics! It's odd, but the heart pics were always my favorite too. I mean, you're looking at something the size of a marble (MAYBE) and you can see ALL FOUR chambers. God is amazing.

And look at the cheeks! it's a little Katie in the making!

Kimberly said...

Congrats on a healthy baby!!!! You're a beautiful mommy!

The Talberts said...

What great news! You look awesome and so does your little one. :)

running shoes said...

yeah!
Great pictures!