Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Remember When

Our Honeymoon
I never do these however this was kind of fun to remember...
1. Where/How did you meet? I don't actually remember, probably the first day of school Jr year at Calvary
2. How long have you known each other? 9 1/2 years
3. How long after you met did you start dating? 3 Years
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 3 1/2
5. How long was your engagement? 1 year
6. How long have you been married? 2 1/2 years
7. What is your anniversary? December 30
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? Hmm Lots!! Over 200
9. What kind of cake did you serve? Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake (just like Kate & Doogie) and Italian Cream Cake made by my wonderful sister
10. Where was your wedding? Grace Fellowship Church
11. What did you serve for your meal? We had Hours devours, many different kinds, I let my parents choose, all I cared about was the candy table, I got the idea from a Martha Stewart Magazine it was all different kinds of white candy in big glass jars
12. How many people were in your wedding party? 8
13. Are you still friends with them all? Yes, mine were my sisters and I will always be friends with them. Joe is still friends with his however he talks to some more than others.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? There were tears.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? Most special... the morning spent with my mom and sisters, seeing Joe for the first time in the morning to take pictures
16. Any funny moments? Pastor Brads podium came undone and Joe had to hold it up for him through part of his sermon, and when Micah Simpson brought me a grape at my reception because he said I looked hungry! The boy was like 5 years old, it was adorable.
17. Any big disasters? not big disasters just a near miss, lets just say I spent the wee hours of the morning drinking Prune Juice...
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Jamaica
19. How long were you gone? 1 week.
20. If you could get married again, would there be anything you would change? I would have a recieving line so that I could thank everyone for coming, I felt like I had to mingle so much during my reception that I didn't get to dance or eat anything at all!! We were starving when we left we actually drove through Wendys on our way to the hotel!!
21. Greatest strength as a couple? We have a lot of fun and we are very laid back
22. Greatest challenge as a couple? Communication
23. What did you dance your first dance to? Come what May
24. Describe your wedding dress: Ivory with a lace overlay... amazing!!
25. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Roses, Hydrangeas, berries.
26. Are your wedding bands engraved? Nope
27. How old were you when you got married? I was 23, Joe was 22

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

How fun! I don't know you all that well, so this was nice!

kara h said...

Ah, prune juice. I'll never forget that... issue... being the thing that made Betsy say that she wants all of the Glenn girls with her when she gets ready for her own wedding!

:o)

Kentucky Kate said...

Agreed, I didn't know a lot of this stuff either. Your dress sounds beautiful. I want to see the pics sometime!

I love how Brad does the same spiel for every ceremony, but each one is slightly unique. In ours, he held up the rings and said, "This ring is not gold, it's platinum, which symbolizes that your man is doing a whole lot better than I was."