up. I figured all that pink should taste like something besides red food coloring. So last night the girls and I whipped up the cake and then this morning we iced it. I didn't have any more pink sprinkles as they are the most commonly used around here and the store didn't have any, so she chose pearl white and I have to say it is one beautiful cake! It sits now in the fridge awaiting the party.
As I sit here and type this I have this bundle sleeping in my lap and you can't tell me all that pink is not the best most squishiest pink you have ever seen!
I am big into the nickname thing. I don't mean to, these names just come to me and I feel that they are divinely appointed they are so very appropriate every time! Except for the 2 years in High School when I called Kara "Fletch" that was funny, but not at all divine. However John Patrick is my little chuchy face. If you had known the little cherub faced thing as a 2 year old you would understand. Porter is Mr Bojangles. If you have ever witnessed the child exist you would understand. I have a friend who's baby has the softest jiggliest fat ever and I call her "Flubby" My list is endless. So lately I have been calling Mia "Stinky". The name is so fitting but I don't like it I don't want it to stick, I don't want to be calling her Stinky in front of her friends when she is in high school. I just think its mean :o) However I decided last night that Oxy Clean needs to hire Amelia as their best spokesperson. Every time I think a certain stain will never come out it does!
Annie just informed me that she wont get a blister if she wears her flip flops on a walk because they have princesses on them. Which makes total sense in her head!
Speaking of princesses they are taking over my house. I don't have a big problem with Disney princesses, sure they are super girly, pink and ditsy looking in all their pictures but I have a hard time believing that Annie will still want to be a princess past the age of 8. Joe is super supportive of the princess thing. He keeps buying her princess paraphernalia. She now has a pink disco ball-esq night light, bed sheets and dolls among many other things.
So while typing this post I decided to stop and explain to Annie that I am a princess and she could be one also because my Heavenly Father is the King. I also told her about her castle in heaven that he has for her if she believes that Jesus died for her sins also. She is very receptive when I explain to her that we are to model our behavior after His and I think that is one of the first steps with little children understanding the Gospel. She asked me if this was heaven to which I replied "no, we are here right now to tell everyone about Jesus and our Father the King and that they can live in a castle in Heaven too" and she very excitedly said "ok will you help me tell everyone!" :o)

3 comments:
Precious Post Kate!!
I called my nephew Stinky for years (it was very fitting!) Eventually it morphed into "Tink" which he can handle in front of friends at the age of 10, so it remains!
I don't know, I still think Squish pretty perfectly describes her.
Ah, Fletch. I like how you still randomly whip it out. Weirdo.
Love, love the pics. Those babies are so wonderful!
So sweet to hear about all the girly stuff. It's so neat for girls to grasp the concept of royalty due to their father in Heaven being King. My girls love it and remind me of it often. It was an awesome place to start talking about heaven and how incrediable it will be. Keep the conversations rolling they will keep growing and the conversations just get better!
Post a Comment