Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Best Date Ever (that I can remember)

Do you see this monster? This is the name of the game, the prize winner, my current love interest and competing for #1.

Lucky for my husband he took me to this lovely establishment where he and the steak could be enjoyed together in the same wonderfilled evening.


Carlo & Johnny's


Sweet Jeff Ruby

Sweet, sweet smell of walking through a steak house parking lot


Don't tell my husband he could have just taken me to the parking lot and I would have been a happy pers.... never mind, once I got into the parking lot I was ravenous!!


He surprised me you see. We always forget about our anniversary until about a day before because of all the christmas hustle and bustle. This year was no different. I called the MIL Thursday morning and asked if she could babysit so my hubby could take me out for our anniversary.


I informed him that the children were taken care of, so all he had to do was take me out.

I got a little hint when he told me to pack their p.j's and then went and put on his nicest dress pants and a sweater over a button up shirt and tie!!!


Uh oh! I am pregnant, nothing fits right, especially dressy clothes that I would typically wear some sort of Lycra underneath!!!


My cute black maternity dress was a no-go circus tent type experience, it was going to be black pants and a sweater that just made me look like I eat too much steak :o)


He took me shopping for a new bra because I informed him that I needed one. I haven't bought one in like 5 years, you know how it is. I even went a step further since he was with me and bought a black one instead of my normal non color. I, of course, gave myself points for this. ;o)


We then drove, and drove, and drove, and turned around and drove some more and then we arrived at our destination.


We were seated and wished a Happy Anniversary :o) And the service was amazing. Craving meat is a new thing with this pregnancy and I informed Joe of this a while back. I ended up ordering a 14oz NY Strip (scoffing at the mention of a 20oz) and then proceeded to eat almost all of it!!! I have never eaten that much meat in my entire life!!! It was stupid good, and I was stupid sick afterwards :o)


The best part of the evening wasn't the steak, although the two probably go hand in hand, was that my love and I TALKED! We carried on full one-on-one, eye contact conversation the entire time we were there! And guess what... I still love him! I do still have stuff to say, it turns out I do still find him interesting, and it only made me long for having him all to myself for an entire week in Maui! 20 days people, 20 days!!!


4 comments:

Glimpses of Green said...

Wait, whaaat??? You guys are going to Maui??? Alone? SHUT. UP. Amazing!! So excited for you!!

krissy said...

I'm so glad you had time to remember you like him!
Squishy's first sentence is awesome.

Kate said...

Kelly, we are super excited, we are going with my little sister and brother in law but NO CHILDREN! I know I am going to get ridiculous and cry and miss them at some point but for the most part I am So Excited! Have you and Matt ever left the kids? I need tips!!!

the mama said...

Fun pictures! I know crave steak after reading this.
I promise to snuggle your babies when you miss them the most.