Friday, October 21, 2011

Today

I have no idea what time Annie woke up this morning, she is supposed to stay in her room until her clock comes on but I think she has been getting up so ridiculously early that she just doesn't have the patience. When I woke up at 7 she had turned off her noise maker turned on all of her lights, all the bathroom lights, used the bathroom, taken her wet pull up off, put it in the diaper pail and was headed back to her room in a tangle of her footy jamies. I untangled her and put her back to bed after turning her lights off telling her it was still dark outside so she couldn't get up yet... hehehe yeah right. That lasted about 15 min. So then I told her that she needed to be quiet and not turn all the lights in the house on if she needed to use the potty and then go back to bed next time.... of course later in the day when she was throwing a fit for the 100000th time I yelled at her and told her I was going to take all of her lights and lock her in her room so that she was forced to not get up so early and therefore need a nap by 10am! ok, ok maybe I wasn't that harsh, but I did mention something about sleeping a little more. It didn't help that her daddy let her stay up until 10 watching baseball! He wont get away with that one again!

So here we are, up before sunrise making oatmeal with raisins for my 85 year old daughter :o)
Speaking of Jamies, how funny are these, I did realize a problem last night though, she still fits in a 2t but her feet are jammed inside those things! Her poor 3 year old feet are just too big for them :o(
So we head off to pick up some produce and she falls asleep in the car, when we get back home she wanted to know why we didn't get produce and wouldn't believe me that she slept through the whole thing. So when we get home, although riding to the tune of only one child babling was nice, I still wanted/needed some mommy time to, you know, blog & excercise. So I sent her to her room for some quiet play time and she took an apple with her. She called me up to her room and handed me this
That girl really enjoys her apples!

We also tried to recreate the fall decor we saw on display at the Livingston household but Annie was a little too young/tired/crabby/rotten to help with the leaves, so she colored the letters for me then we strung them up. We first put the letters on backwards and I had to take them off and redo them. All the while Mia was stepping on, and pulling on, and tearing up paper, and stealing my scissors every.time.I.put.them.down! So needless to say this project ended in spankings and tears and frustrations and a 10:30 lunch!

But its still pretty cute! I got tired of trying to figure out where we could hang it without my husband having a fit and chose the kitchen wall... I might be in trouble but Ill blame it on my mom, I can remember my dad not being completely happy with things she let us do all the time, although he just went with it after she would convince him that it was all for fun.
Love you Daddy ;o)

2 comments:

kara h said...

I love this whole post...except there's no picture of Namesake. ;)

Remember mom cutting open the toes of our cowboys? If I remember correctly, that's why she did it.

krissy said...

I don't think she cut them open I think we busted them open. I still remember the feeling of my big toe poking through the half soft top half scratchy plastic bottoms. :-)
Cute sign.