I realize that kids swallow things, but aren't they supposed to be nice round things? You know pennys, marbles, Christmas light bulbs (what? was that was just me? oh well) Not hair clips!
Let me back up a little... last night after dinner at my parents and a final dress fitting at Gautraud's for Kelly I load my children up and head home with Joe following behind in his truck. We get a few miles down the highway when Annie starts gagging, and gagging, and gagging! I turn to look at her and she has most of her hand in her mouth. I say "take your fingers out of your throat silly kid" and her eyes just get bigger and fill with tears. She sort of gags and makes a weird whining noise and reaches into her mouth.
I then throw the overhead light on and veer off the road slamming on the breaks and whip around in my seat yelling "What did you swallow?". I jump over the console and out the passenger side door, by this time Joe is running up to the car screaming "whats wrong!". Its weird at the moment all I could think of was how loud his boots sounded pounding up the side of the road towards the car. By this time Annie is full on crying with noise and everything and we realize she has swallowed whatever it was she was choking on. I knew as soon as I looked at her that it was her hair clip, she had her hat off and her hair was all messy like it is when she pulls her clips out... yep, sure enough "Annie swaddow my hair bow". Joe gets her a drink while I call Kelly at Gautrauds to explain to Dick what a clippie looks like and if I should be worried... Nope! No need to worry, unless of course she continues to cough because that would mean she has aspirated it into her lungs of course!! Sheesh!
So I guess I will be on the lookout for that little gals twin to reappear sometime in the next few days :o)

2 comments:
Oh my WORD, Katie! I would FREAK OUT!!
Oh my! I think you handled it very well and so glad your hubby saw you stop. Dave would have just kept driving:-)
Post a Comment