Saturday, August 28, 2010

To Market, To Market


I didn't buy a fat hog but I could have! I love Findlay Market! I realized today that it will never be the same as it was the first time I went. It had a special glow to it that first time I went. It was all so new and exciting to me! This time it was exciting but there was no glow, the stands were all the same, the wares were all the same but the nice part was that the smells were all the same too! I love love love the smell of Basil. I stopped my dad in mid sentence to ask "Do you smell that basil?"

Joe had an early morning man breakfast date so I scheduled a OTR with my parents and Kelly.
I had no grocery list with me only my camera and an request from my husband to bring something fun home for dinner.

We ended up meeting Dick and Peggy there and had breakfast then meandered through the market until Dad and Peg found the proper fishmonger for me to purchase my shark from! Thats right I will report back to you later but the menu for tonight is Shark steaks, Pineapple, Corn & Roasted Red Peppers... I might even make the garlic cheese biscuits like Red Lobster has... yummy!



Annie eating whatever she wanted thanks to Grammy

I failed to notice the amazing flower boxes above our heads last time

Love the old man street performer on the bongos

Introducing Annie to the Lobster

She picked out what she wanted for breakfast and Grammy delivered :o)

No one had these little guys for breakfast... can you imagine, it would take a whole dozen to fill you up!

Peg bought one of these Belgian Waffles! AMAZING!



Ol Squishy Squish Face with her headband on... don't tell her daddy ;o)




4 comments:

the mama said...

Maybe we can make it a monthly event!

erin said...

Oh my goodness!! I am totally in love with Findlay market. Isn't it grand? We went to the Farmers Fair in Covington this morning and it was fun - but all of us agreed - "next time we should just go to Findlay!" I am so jealous - we would have seen you guys! Love the pictures - very cool!

krissy said...

Great pictures kate!
(and you shouldn't call Kel that. it isn't nice.)

krissy said...

and you need to figure out Rachel's new blog address. I can't.