So off I went (a little late) to my appointment (just a short jaunt from Walton to Clifton) and upon my arrival I was given a good natured hard time by the PA who is this older black lady who I LOVE! After my Q & A and dressing in the lovely warm comfortable pink "put it on like a poncho" top...wait I thought poncho's were supposed to warm you, there is nothing warming about this practically see through poncho, and the not quite big enough to wrap around my body sheet, I am sitting very strategically on the exam table when in walks the PA and says "Wrap up your gona get an Ultrasound" hmmmm what?!? I tell her I just had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and she looks at me like I have two heads. hehe the number one thing about pregnant women is that they ALWAYS want to see their babies! And now this crazy pap smear refusing woman is going to refuse a complimentary ultrasound?!? Well OK! So I wrap up as best as I can (the usually busy office is eerily quiet today anyway) pad down the hall in my trouser socks, poncho and sheet for an ultrasound :o) Ertha (the PA) fires up the machine and confirms heart tones and then turns the screen towards me and lets me watch the baby move its little arms and legs buds. During this time she calls the phlebotomist in to kill two birds with one stone and draw my labs while I am watching my little pea bounce around in utero!!! I thought to myself that if I were anyone else or if this was my first pregnancy I would be confused offended and bothered by all of this craziness but personally I thought it was fun. :o)
The worst part of the appointment was when the nurse accidentally threw out my urine before drawing it for labs and so I had to do the impossible (pee in a cup) TWICE!!! Does anyone have any peeing in a cup secrets for this extremely inept patient???
After a long chat with my favorite OB I was off with my goody bag and an appointment set for the beginning of January back across the river to walton to pick up my little girl ;o)
I have to say that it was kind of fun going to my appointment without her, just like old times (0nly 8lbs heavier..grrrr). However I am excited about sharing this pregnancy with her and seeing if she catches on at some point.

4 comments:
Oh, I love him/her already! Cutest scans I've seen in like 5 hours!
Remember how we talked on the phone after your appointment? Why am I reading that you had a scan instead of hearing about it?
what a journey...the second one is just as great as the first! looking forward to hearing more about your sweet little one.
The Pea is certainly looking happy in her home - yes, I'm predicting another lovely Z-girl! You'll have to give her a 'p' name....Patricia, Patrice, Peggy, Paige, Pansy....OK, not Pansy.
how sweet. :)
what sort of problems do you have peeing in a cup? my only cup peeing issues arise later in pregnancy when i can't see the cup that i'm holding down there. not peeing all over my hand is the challenge. but as for having enough to give more than one sample? i think i could just keep rotating in and out of the bathroom with cups all day long.
Post a Comment