Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Baby I'm Amazed By You

I was on call today and though I like getting paid $3 an hour to do my laundry and take a nap I don't like the waiting game never knowing if I am going to have to drop what I am doing and go to work. But I always get a lot done on these unexpected days at home because I can't leave for fear that I will get called.
Today was a lot of laundry and playing with my baby. I am blown away by her every day and I can't believe I don't get the video camera out more often. A few days ago I was driving in the car and when she gets fussy I sing to her. I have been singing Christmas songs lately and I was singing "Up On The Housetop" when I got to the "hohoho" part I hear this little "hohoho" from the backseat (only her HoHo comes out HaHa and I love it)! I was blown away! How did she know to do that at that moment in the song? So later when Aunt Kelly got home we were singing it for her and when I got to "click, click, click" she joined in with her own version of tongue moving and back of the throat clicking! Kelly and I screamed of course and we were super proud of her! How am I supposed to keep up with this smart kid? She has also added "Beth" and "Porter" and "Pawpaw" to her list of words in the past week. She has stoped with the Dog Dog woof woof so much and moved on to saying Doras name all day every day! She also tried to use a fork tonight at dinner and I did manage to get a few seconds of that on video. She thought it was super funny when she would get a piece on her fork, with much help, but then she would turn the fork around and put it in her mouth by herself. It was cute because she would laugh every time she saw the food on the end of the fork. So I decided that I need to go buy her some forks, I will put them in her stocking just to have a good excuse to spend money.
We took her to see the trains downtown last weekend and she liked them but was not overly impressed, she liked the free cookie the most. My friend Lexi took some pictures so when I get them I will be sure to share.
I think I have mentioned before that she is super addicted to her Daddy right now which I am really excited about. I think it has caused Joe to realize how much time he doesn't get to spend with her because it feels like he is always making her cry by leaving. So he has been making more of an effort to not work late and come home for dinner between work and practice. He has also been letting her tag along some now on his errands and just keeping her with him when he is working around the house. It makes her super happy and I love to see them playing together. Here is a picture from the day we got the tree, she was by his side all day and she wanted to "help" him prepare the tree stand which I thought was the beginning to an adorable friendship.



4 comments:

krissy said...

cute picture!

Shan said...

ahhh, super cute!

Quinn does the same thing, AMAZES me EVERY DAY!!!

He is smiling at us and even making noises!!, and we are learning that certain faces and sounds make him smile and interact.

I cant wait until he starts enjoying when I sing to him, communicating more with us, oh and sleeeeppping (please happen soon).

The Talberts said...

I love reading your updates on her because they're so similar to what Eli is doing right now. The fork and the words and all (although Eli hasn't learned Beth or Porter yet. What's wrong with him?!).

Lauren said...

You might want to add don-don to her vocabulary--we got her to say that when she was over for dinner last week--I think aunt lauren is still a long ways away :-)