Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The official count down begins.....

Oh this could be a very long 3 weeks!! I put off my OB appointment last week mostly because I was busy every day and didn't have time to go to the Dr. but also I didn't want my weekly visits to start yet, they make me anxious!! So now starting this week I am doing weekly MD appointments and I think it is the only right thing to do to let everyone know my progress :o) I did have the MD check me and I am 2cm and 70%!! Of course as soon as I walked out of the exam room I was thinking to myself how subjective cervical exams are and how she is a very tiny woman and I am probably only a fingertip and 50% (notice a doubting attitude?:o)

I have been staying very active, I would love to go into labor any time now. I was helping lug big branches to the burn pile at my parents house on monday for a while, I was pretty proud of myself until I had picked up all of the medium size branches that didn't require much bending. Then I got the rake out and was raking up the small sticks into a pile so that Kelly could put them into the truck. Kel was a stinkin work horse, I have never seen her work so hard! She loaded about 6 truckloads of branches and took them to the burn pile, she even went over to the neighbors and loaded thier branches and brought them to the burn pile as well.
Elly Beth helped out with comic relief for those of us who were working. Once she sat down about 200 feet away (that was her limit) from the giant burn pile and said "i think i will rest here by the fireplace for a while" Then she laid down on her back and told dad "I am going to lay out in the sunshine" Dad: "I have one problem with that, theres no sun" (it was overcast and 6:00 in the evening) Elly: " I thought this would be better". Then when Kelly was dumping her first truckload onto the already huge burning woodpile Elly looks at me and says "were all going to die" !!! None of us had a problem with that statement, however kelly prooved herself responsible and no one died :o)

As a final note we still have no power!! We are staying with Joes mom. I went home yesterday and cleaned out the fridge and freezer. I fried up 3lb of bacon for dinner last night that had defrosted. My husband was VERY happy with that meal. I also boiled about 7lb of chicken and froze it in the broth to make chicken noodle soup with. Everything else was lost, it is going to be very sad to have to restock all of those staple items that normally have a long fridge life :o(

2 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

I can't believe it's so close! How fun :)

Kimberly said...

Sister, you didn't make it three weeks!!!!