So anyway I just feel the need to be all bloggy because my kids are infuriating and sanctifying and adorable :o)
I seriously love each of their stages right now.
Annie is such a big girl. She gets so easily upset and frustrated because she is getting big enough to do things and therefore its a new type of parenting season for us and we are just learning as we go with the poor girl. She gets asked to do so many helpful things around the house but sometimes she stretches it too far and tries to spank her sisters or pour a glass of milk and that just ends poorly.
We are all mentally ready for kindergarten we just need to do some physical shopping because we don't have a single uniform shirt or anything yet. The spirit shop opens up on the 10th and they have a second hand section that I am excited to buy from!
Annie seeing newborn poop "Wow, I can't believe our baby poops gold!"
Annie after an early spring snow "mom, this snow must be from Satan because God knows its supposed to be spring!"
Overheard: Mia "when will we go to heaven?" Annie "not till we are ten nine eight seven like grandma glenn"
Mia has changed so much recently, I feel like 3-4 was a big jump for her. She is becoming a big girl and I dare say she is going to be TROUBLE! I just shake my head and say a prayer when I see her get all dressed up in fancy dress up clothes and heels or when I catch her standing in front of the mirror tossing her hair and dancing, girls got moves and she wants to have a good time and I foresee her wanting to sneak into dance clubs in the future :o) She is so smart and I just know that when Annie goes to school and I start working on preschool with her she is going to just explode from all the new stuff she will learn. She has a different style of learning though and so that will be tough for me not to expect Annie style from her. But I am so excited!
She talks non stop and says big words and full sentences. some of my favorites have been:
At the pediatrician "um my sis-er wants no shots"
Coming downstairs in Mias shoes "Mom, you wike my fip-fops?" Oh yes I love them "sanks, mom, sanks you wike 'em"
Anytime she is doing something shes not supposed to she says "I not mama, I not"
Trying to touch the bathwater during Carly's bath "No! No you 'pank my butt mama, dat hurt"
Alice is still in the wonderful tiny baby stage where she sleeps all the time but also sleeps 8ish hours most nights. Its glorious because it makes a HUGE difference during the day when you get woken up a million times at night. She started laughing last week at 3 1/2 months old and although she has been doing it more and more throughout the week we can't figure out how to make her laugh it just sort of erupts and its adorable. She's so soft and snuggy and chubby its wonderful.
However all together they are quite overwhelming at this point in time. They are all just so very little and can't do things for themselves which makes for some very long days and very difficult hours. However they are good girls and play well together and most every day I do get a few hours where they are all napping/resting/quietly playing and I get a breather and rest if I need it as well.
But it feels as though they gang up on me and they all have legitimate needs. So I just take a deep breath, choose patience (because it is NOT a natural occurring thing) and help them all one at a time and it is working for us.
Your update in pictures during May/June
At the Krohn Butterfly Show Carly was the only one who cared, the other two were afraid of the butterflies and Mia asked if they had "claws on their paws that they can scratch you with"
Made it to the zoo again, this time with Sam!
Krissy had Ruth Kathryn on mothers day. It was also the day before I went back to work after maternity leave so I got to go up and visit twice during my shift :o)
We dedicated Alice Grace and will strive to parent her in Christ
Made a weekend trip so Alice could meet Great Grandpa Neal
I thought I was dressing her in one of my outfits from when I was a baby... however Mom says she doesn't remember it so who knows if it was mine or where it came from but it sure is cute!
This is what our days look like around here
Memorial day picnic
Happy Girl!
Thursday Night Small Group Volleyball
Carly turned 2
Mia turned 4
Fathers day with The Man!
Great Grandma Glenn with grandbabies #24 & 25 (with three more on the way from Kelly, Matthew and Seth)
Gram took ALL these kids to VBS at Calvary this year, they loved it!

No comments:
Post a Comment