Friday, September 27, 2013

A Summertime recap: Williamstown Lake

This summer one of my favorite activities was an afterthought in the last few weeks of warm weather. I'm sure I have written about it before but my Grandma and Grandpa Glenn owned a little cottage on Williamstown Lake which was where we vacationed when I was little. To this day lake vacations are my favorite and I am sure this is why. It was just a little one bedroom fishing cabin with 2 beds separated by curtains in the main "living space" a small kitchen and a porch with many couches which was my personal favorite place to sleep because you woke up to the sound of fishing boats on the water early in the morning. My grandma sold the property to my Uncle who eventually tore the old cabin town and built a nice house in its place. I took Joe once while the cabin was still there when we were dating and just showed it to him. We went back another time and took some of his friends from school and went swimming, but I for some reason barely remember that day and had completely forgot about it until Joe recently reminded me. I have never been inside the "new" house.
 
About a month ago I got the great idea to take my bff Jess and her kids so we could fish and swim. I called Uncle Shawn and had it all set up, the best part was that Grandma was staying there for the week so we got to visit with her also AND Jess and I both got our mother in laws to watch our babies so we could just have a fun big kid adventure without pack n plays and diapers!
 


 She wouldn't jump off the board
Epic bluegill fishing with hot dogs just like the good ol days

 Her first fish, she screamed when she caught it, and cried when I tried to take her picture with it
 The sign that was at the top of the driveway when the cabin was there. Donald and Ellarie Glenn

It was so much fun sharing these old experiences with Jess. Grandma was having such a nice time she decided to stay for another week and invited us to come back for Labor Day weekend. So this time I called up the family and we had our picnic at Uncle Shawn's house while the poor guy worked! We had fun though! It was the perfect end to the summer. It was so nice and warm I spent most of the day just sitting in sunny spots watching the kids swim.
 
 Grandma showing buster pictures of the old cabin from the day they "moved in"

 Daddy doing what daddy does best
 Picnic time





No comments: