Thursday, August 8, 2013

The One Where I realize I haven't Blogged in 3 Months

I have seriously neglected to post all summer long? How is that possible? Three months! Its been three months since I last posted a fun story, update or picture even!
I was trying to decide why, is life more boring or busy than it used to be that I don't have anything interesting to post or the time to post it?
Of course life is more busy, I now have a toddler who doesn't simply sleep all day! These girls keep me on my toes but it continues to be enjoyable and I don't feel like I am running around exhausted, simply living exhausted. In my mind being a mother of 3 under 4 looked like chasing at top speeds. The mental picture of a woman literally following them around as they run crazily through the house putting out fires and keeping them from flushing their paci down the toilet.
In reality you are moving, quite a lot actually but it somehow with the addition of baby # 2 and then #3 it just is life. It has become how I function.
Somehow the timer on the stove while making dinner is also the potty training timer and walking to the kitchen for a cup of milk is also grabbing a tissue and wiping a nose, walking up the stairs is ALWAYS cleaning because there is an ever collecting pile at the bottom of the steps that belongs at the top somewhere. The trip to the basement freezer becomes a load of laundry done and bath time also means cleaning the mirror, sink or toilet.
Do I love time off where I am not required to do 3 things at once? Certainly! I also love a lazy day where I declare only the necessary be done.

Last night I met a friend at Crestview Shopping Center and we sat outside and talked over non-alcoholic, non-caffinated drinks and enjoyed our first time alone together. We have been friends for about 3 years now and have become best friends over the last 2. We do the mommy life really well together. We rock a playdate like nobodies else. Our children know that when we get together "they play and moms talk" and we do... but the 6 of them are still there, needing to potty and wanting to be fed and such. We met for coffee about 9 months ago but I brought Carly Jayne along with me so there was still the slight distraction of a little babe.
Last night we talked, and then walked and talked, and then shopped and talked. And we were able to learn new things about each other and find out likes and dislikes (that were hilariously similar) at one point while looking through the sale racks of what we both declared our new favorite store (have you been to Aldar'd State?) we simultaneously, while talking about other things, both held up shirts and declared at the same time "that's cute, that's SO you!" And I realized, its still there, I'm still a girl, I still have friends and opinions and taste in cute clothes even if as Jess stated "I wear cotton shirts because they cost .99 at Gap Outlet" but we choose to and it doesn't affect who we really are. We ARE moms and wives who ENJOY being moms and wives and we don't have expendable income but we are ok with that. We invested last night as we shopped. We didn't invest in the $65 top or even the A-dorable one on the sale rack that could have been obtained for $25. We invested in each other with our holy spirit lead conversation and our taking time away from our families to enjoy being a girl.

So where as I do hope to take the time to do some summer recap complete with pictures so that I can remember this season of life its ok if I don't. Because although my girls are still making hilarious statements and being adorable, more importantly life is happening. We are living together and learning valuable lessons daily from Jesus and its all good. And crazy, but mostly good.




No comments: