Friday, July 22, 2011

Activities & Sisters

So proud of myself I have done it again, baby steps people, baby steps. Annie and I did a "hunt" since trying to get her to say the word scavenger was impossible :o) I made a large list of colored things to find including: smell something purple, snuggle something brown & draw something yellow. She had a great time running all over the house collecting colorful things and it was her idea to bring them back and place them on the paper in their respective spots. She even found a yellow sticker of a sunshine and attempted to draw one which always impresses me. I am looking forward to finding some preschool activities to do with her this fall so please comment here if you have any numbers & letters activities or preschool books you have been impressed with because I am clueless!

Of course her daddy came home and took her picture with her scavenger hunt & her polishing off his Gatorade as she thinks it is her job.


These girlies have been playing together more lately and I love to watch them interact. Mostly Mia tries to do everything Annie is doing and I make her adapt to her level. Annie really wants Mia to "be Aunt Kuck and ride behind her like the girl" because Aunt Kelly rides behind Uncle Zach on his motorcycle :o) Mia however does not have the ability to stay on the back so she either gets a ride in front or gets to push Annie around the house which they both find just as amusing.

5 comments:

erin said...

Ahh. So cute. what a great idea. you are so creative. I am going to steal it. Scavenger hunt is in my future!

Ashley said...

I've been working on the same thing for Alina this week. I am trying to do a "curriculum" to start this week and get in a routine before the baby comes. Two sites that I have been using are http://www.letteroftheweek.com/Preparatory.html and http://totallytots.blogspot.com/.
I'd like to hear what others recommend b/c this is new to me too.

the mama said...

Great fun! Let's have a SH at the lake! I just love to watch her while she's thinking!
I LOVE that Annie wants Mia to be Kuk!

Bubble Queen said...

Ohhhh I knew they both love me the most!!!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I LOVE SCAVENGER HUNTS! I have one made up for the art museum and Krohn if you'd like to use them - they're pictoral - would that be the right term? Made up of photos, I mean. So much fun!

Five in a Row has a lot of fun activities centered around children's books. Loved that when they were little.
http://www.fiarhq.com/fiveinarow.info/fiveinarow.html