Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Proud Mothering Moment

Second generation mothers everywhere would have been proud of me this morning, especially Peg. I have been told before that I am way to laid back to be a first time mom. I appreciate hearing that because I know that I have MANY first mom tendencies. Just ask my sisters, they have admitted to teasing me behind my back which I am ok with because I am confident in my parenting... HAHA!
Who on earth is confident in their parenting?!? Anyway back to this morning... when I dropped Annie off at the gym playroom I realized she didn't have on the required socks! I searched through my first-time-mom-fully-stocked-diaper bag and found one sock and one shoe... so that is what I put on her! I warned all the other children in the room not to make fun of her and before I left I gave her permission to punch anyone who teased her about her footwear :o) The playroom workers appreciated it!

4 comments:

kara h said...

Now, now. I would say we TEASE you exactly. We save the teasing for when you're in the room!!

LOVE the footwear! I just love that they have a footwear policy for babies.

Margie Petri said...

It's a good thing Chloe wasn't there.

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Your dear daughter is setting trends already! Soon all the kids will be doing it, or changing as soon as their moms drive away...

Le said...

love this! you are way to laid back but that is such a good thing!