Sunday, September 13, 2015

Time

Its been a year? It doesn't feel like its been a year since I last posted... time is a funny thing. I have decided to just rest in the fact that time was part of His creation. He designed the length of the day and the span of the year. He chose how quickly we would age and how forgetful are our brains :o)
Lately with two now in school I look back and I can't remember all that I thought I would be able to. Its fuzzy, the memories are there but SO many things happened in those long days that I thought would never end and yet here I am years later not being able to remember what exactly I tried to seer in my memory. I also laugh when I think of how young they seriously still are. I mean my oldest is only Seven for heavens sake!
But the epic days and the long nights are all just a blur, things that I do remember is the feeling of a sleeping baby on my chest and the frustration of one who won't nap when its all you as the mother want to do. I remember looking at their tiny little faces talking like they are so old and yet they are so tiny and I still get to do that because they are still so tiny and I love to remember that. I love to treat them like they are tiny people and love on them because I am their mother and that is what I always get to do even when they are 30 because I will be 60 so they will still be babies then :o)
I remember reading to them the same book so often they memorize it and hearing their first words, I remember their funny sayings at the dinner table when Joe and I smile at each other over their heads or stifle a laugh into our napkins. I may not remember the exact funny words but I remember the feeling of looking at him thinking how much fun it is to be at the table. I also remember saying "sit down, eat your dinner, no singing, why are you crying, please eat your dinner, take smaller bites or for the love of JESUS take bigger bites we are going to be here for years!" :o)
I remember talking with them about God and sharing with them that He loves them. In the car last week Brady told Carly she didn't love Jesus because she was a liar. He had asked her if she was smarter that God and her 3 year old reply was "yes" so He told her he Knew she didn't love Jesus because she was lying. She told him She did love Jesus and she wasn't lying she just didn't know that God was smarter :o) I told them that Jesus does not like it when we lie but one lie doesn't make us a heathen, there is grace and God loves to give it to sinners ;o)

I am sad that I haven't kept up with the storytelling on here, however I do have photo albums and I don't have many of those from my blogging years so I guess there is a season for everything.





No comments: