Monday, December 9, 2013

Lately

Naming a baby is a hard decision to make. One would think I would consult her father on my thoughts more often (we've talked about it twice) but I like to really mull them over in my head for a while because there's no point in having a conversation about a name that even I am going to eventually toss!

I had another US last week. I'm 24w3d and all the unknowns from the 20 week scan came back clear and healthy. She is still on the small side but growing on her own curve and a repeat scan was not recommended! The tech said "lots of times people get worried when they see low percentages but don't worry she's growing just fine" Joe looked at the # and said 35% she's a fatty! Oh the tiny babies we have in our house.

After seeing dead brown spots on our Christmas trees in years past where the bulb touches the branch we have responsibly decided to retire the hand-me-down c7 lights we got from Joes mom that were his grandpas. I didn't want to At All. I love my vintage bubble lights and frosted lights and the random blinking lights here and there. We put a few strands of LED lights on this year and there are not as bad as I thought they will be but I miss my bubblers and frosty balls like crazy! And I have to admit it makes me a little sad. Even Annie said "its just kind of boring" and I agree, all the bubbling makes a difference!
I am finally reading an advent devotional this year. I forgot to order it early enough so I started a few days late but it is good its an easy read and it even has parts for the girls if I want to include them. Which means if they are within earshot when I read mine then I read their part to them. Mia could care less but Annie and I have enjoyed it.

The other day Carly fell down the stairs, were not sure but we think she came all the way down, there was much tumbling and tossing however she landed fairly easily at the bottom. I held her as she sobbed and she looks at Joe and screams "Donk" and goes back to sobbing!
She said "Mia" this morning, which she hasn't said before and it was adorable and exaggerated "here, Miiiiaaa"

The girls call a sneeze a "bless you" and I love it. The other day Mia sneezed and Annie said "ewww Mia, you just Bless you'd all over me!"
Last night I was dressing the girls for bed and Annie said "mom, guess what, Daddy is going to come up and read our special book to us... you married the best daddy ever!" :o) I love that they call the bible he bought them their "Special book" its a really simple story bible but it has questions after the story and they love that they get to answer the questions.

I am almost done Christmas shopping and I have accomplished it almost completely online! It was so much fun to get all these packages and price compare and never leave my house. Only once did I head to the mall and it was for a great deal and the girls were angels. We had fun and they even got to see Santa. Which means that we walked up to him (no line!) and the girls stood there while Santa and I chatted and then he gave them each a coloring book. Annie said she didn't want to see Santa but Mia said "yes I want to tell him Trick-or-treat!"

Tomorrow unbeknownst to the girls we are headed to Great Wolf Lodge for their Christmas gift! Carly is staying with Gram so we can fully enjoy our time with the big girls. I am so excited!




No comments: