This one however takes the cake! It is a recipe I adapted from here which I just realized she adapted from another recipe and I changed it to my own liking and what I had in the house. The nutty flavor of the roasted pecans is just what quinoa needs to bring out its nutty taste and the raisins with the sweet potatoes YUM! Its the PERFECT fall dish, but since no one is quite sure what season we are in right now its perfect for right now too!
I'm going to call it
Quinoa with Sweet Potatoes (creative I know!)
- 1/2 cup original quinoa [white]
- 3 medium sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt + pepper to taste
Cook Quinoa according to package directions.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cover baking sheet with foil, spray with non-stick, add sweet potatoes, onions and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until soft.
Combine sweet potatoes and onions with cooked quinoa. Drizzle with olive oil [optional]. Stir in cumin, raisins, toasted pecans and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy!
Serves 4
(please excuse my thumb)

1 comment:
We are huge quinoa fans. And we eat it plain, as if it were rice or cous cous! We have it in our cafeteria at school, too, and the kids say it looks like spider eggs, so they won't eat it :) The cafeteria mixes it with peas and carrots, so it's pretty....institutional. I'll totally pass this recipe on to the husand (a.k.a: the one who turns on the stove at our house!)
Post a Comment