I thought maybe imy mood could be classified as post partum depression but I didnt feel depressed just annoyed! So it may be post partum annoyance ;o)
I realized this past week that my problem didn't lie in my current situations, they were the same as they had always been, the problem laid in how I was looking at my life. Everything lost its romantic sparkle. Playing playdough with Annie wasn't the learning and bonding experiance it had been, it became just something to do to pass the time until Joe came home. Which, by the way, I don't know why I was looking forward to his homecoming because I hadn't made dinner and didn't talk to him other than "how was your day" when he did arrive. I managed to somehow get the fall decor out in the dining room and purchased the obligatory wonderful fall smelling candle tarts without appreciating them, I took the kids to the pumpkin patch and let Annie pick out a pumpkin and purchased a bushel of apples which I did actually really enjoy doing although keeping with the tune of annoyance I was unhappy because it didn't go the way I had planned with Karas kids and Mom accompanying us.
I made 2 batches of Applesauce and it filled the house with heavenly aromas, it was also VERY tasty, however it was just apples in a crock pot and didn't feel like it was anything special which annoyed me because I had been looking forward to making applesauce since the spring.
So maybe I am coming out the other end of my few weeks of hormonal annoyed depression but things are looking up! I thank God every morning for the wonderful Autumn sunshine and cool breeze coming in the bedroom window. I am also thankful that through my tough weeks I have been really enjoying the girls. I am working on my 3rd batch of boring old wonderful tasting applesauce as we speak and I am super excited about it. Its so easy I am thinking about purchasing another half bushel of apples so I can have some more to freeze. And this morning I cleaned the entire main floor of my house including mopping and scrubbing the cabinet doors which needed to happen so very badly. I am now going to sign off so that I can tackle the office which has 12 boxes of baby clothes and things I inherited from my Grandma when she moved! The clothes have actually been spread out for 2 weeks now so it is really high time I got them organized and put away! I will leave you with a selection of photos that captured what we have been up to lately (because honestly I know that's all some of you[aunt reg] stopped by for ;o)


6 comments:
Thanks for being honest about life!
I feel that way, too, sometimes. I think there's a romantic sense of motherhood and marriage that we all carry over from childhood and culture. It's hard when it's not all blossoms and fairies and cuddley moments because I know I always expected the blossoms, fairies and cuddles. I'll pray for you dear sister to find joy in Christ...not that you don't!...but maybe to get through this slump.
not just gg, us boone county family have been waiting for you to update with some pictures too! i love little amelia looking out through the pouch.
Yes, you are in a slump! I have waited a month for an update! Slacker as Uncle Joe would call you. Sounds like you're a little busy. Just enjoy those girls, the rest will come and they will be soo grown up one day very soon. And then you will WANT to do Play-doh and Joe won't. Love Love Love the pics.
Dude,
I was feeling more "annoyed" this week than I have in quite some time. I was trying to explain it to Joel last night and was calling it "depressed or something" but the word "annoyed" perfectly describes it. I actually sent Joel a text yesterday that simply said: "I quit" after Lyla threw a giant tantrum. Then today Jesus reminded me that I am stupid and He humbled me. OHHH geez. Well anyways it comforted me to read your post and know that I'm not alone in my "my house is a mess, I don't want to color anymore, and I don't care to do anythingness".
I feel ya. In a weak moment the other day I said to my mom, "I really just don't feel like being a parent today" I just feel like its almost always me forgetting that the grass isnt always greener on the other side. But sometimes it is so hard to appreciate and love what is right in front of you!
Post a Comment