Sunday, October 11, 2009

Gatlinburg

Last weekend Joe and I went to Gatlinburg for 4 days leaving our sweet Annie Girl with her grandparents. Sunday was difficult and I was very sad leaving her, Joe was also however I was pretty sure that after we got going that I would be fine. By sunday night I was in survival mode thinking that if I filled my time up and simply got through the days that I could make it to Wednesday. By Monday morning I was just fine and having a good time however not seeing much point in leaving her behind and after spending time without her I really don't see the point in leaving her again... however don't hold me to it because it will probably happen again eventually.


This was the cabin that we stayed in it was super tiny but adorable and had an AMAZING view. I really wished the trees would have changed a little more because I would have loved to see them in all their glory.


We went on a 5 mile hike Monday at Clingmans Dome. It was a lot of fun however exhausting and I grossly sweaty for these next few pictures.


We hiked to Andrews Bald and we were right at the top of the clouds, it was really cool to be above the clouds however there wasn't much to see once we got there.

We made the small hike up to Laurel Falls which was very pretty

We had some seriously good food while we were there full of menus that spoke to my husbands tastes.

And finally this was our back yard where I disappointingly never saw any bears :o(

3 comments:

krissy said...

cute pictures kate

joehendrix said...

What did Annie have to say about all this? "Oh, go on guys, I'll be fine". Or perhaps "LEAVE ME? ARE YOU NUTS"?

Glad you had a nice time, hope to see you soon.

Kimberly said...

I have some Enfamil coupons if you're interested...